hymnal.pro

667 ~ Awake, my Soul, in Joyful Lays

Awake, my soul, in joyful lays, And sing thy great Redeemer’s praise; He justly claims a song from me; His lovingkindness, O how free! Lovingkindness, lovingkindness, His lovingkindness, O how free!

He saw me ruined in the fall, Yet loved me notwithstanding all; He saved me from my lost estate; His lovingkindness, O how great! Lovingkindness, lovingkindness, His lovingkindness, O how great!

Though numerous hosts of mighty foes, Though earth and hell my way oppose, He safely leads my soul along: His lovingkindness, O how strong! Lovingkindness, lovingkindness, His lovingkindness, O how strong!

When trouble, like a gloomy cloud, Has gathered thick and thundered loud, He near my soul has always stood: His lovingkindness, O how good! Lovingkindness, lovingkindness, His lovingkindness, O how good!

And when earth's rightful King shall come To take His ransomed people home, I'll sing upon that blissful shore His lovingkindness, evermore. Lovingkindness, lovingkindness, His lovingkindness, evermore.