hymnal.pro

677 ~ Master, the Tempest Is Raging!

Master, the tempest is raging! The billows are tossing high! The sky is o'ershadowed with blackness; No shelter or help is nigh; Carest Thou not that we perish? How canst Thou lie asleep, When each moment so madly is threatening A grave in the angry deep?

Refrain

"The winds and the waves shall obey My will, Peace, be still! Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea, Or demons, or men, or whatever it be, No water can swallow the ship where lies The Master of ocean, and earth, and skies; They all shall sweetly obey My will; Peace, be still! Peace, be still! They all shall sweetly obey My will; Peace, peace, be still!"

Master, with anguish of spirit I bow in my grief today; The depths of my sad heart are troubled; O, waken and save, I pray! Torrents of sin and of anguish Sweep o'er my sinking soul; And I perish! I perish I dear Master; O hasten, and take control.

Master, the terror is over, The elements sweetly rest; Earth's sun in the calm lake is mirrored, And heaven's within my breast; Linger, O blessed Redeemer, Leave me alone no more; And with joy I shall make the blest harbor, And rest on the blissful shore.